Lean Into Your Strengths for Teams
When you give individuals the opportunity to discover what they do best using the CliftonStrengths® assessment, they can see their role in the team’s success. In addition, leaders who understand their own strengths and those of their teams can build stronger relationships for improved performance.
- Individuals learn how to turn their natural talents into strengths.
- An understanding of how strengths are distributed across the team.
- A common language to work better with one another.
- Teams explore how strengths can help them move past obstacles.
- More meaningful and direct communication
- Improved interdependence and a more cohesive group
- Increased engagement, productivity, and performance
- Lower turnover and attrition
It’s the Manager
Team members who receive authentic feedback from a supportive manager are three times more likely to be engaged than those who only receive feedback once a year in a performance review.
As you make plans for leadership development, don’t overlook the role managers and team leaders play in your company’s long-term success.
A workplace where everyone belongs is not just an aspiration, it is a business imperative. Today, leaders must do everything possible to ensure that all teammates know that they belong, and all customers feel welcomed and appreciated.
Interact Studio helps leaders conduct Conversations of Belonging to advance the process of listening, understanding, discussing, and appreciating differences of all types and building a culture where everyone fits.
- Stories of Belonging begins with a common language around diversity—and how to structure productive diversity conversations. In breakout sessions, participants share stories about diversity, equity, and inclusion. 2-hour workshop.
- Difficult Conversations provides tools and practice for initiating conversations about differences and Stories of Belonging. 3-hour workshop.
- Becoming an Ally explores allyship and the ways to support and champion marginalized people and groups. 1.5-hour workshop.
- Moving to Belonging focuses on belonging and steps the organization can take to advance the journey. 2-hour follow-up session.
The Interact team, including DEI expert M. Quinten Williams, will work with you to create customized sessions that begin where you are and move at a pace and intensity that is right for your team.
At Interact Studio, we’ve designed and delivered solutions for hundreds of leaders, managers, and team leaders. We have a set of interrelated tools to draw from.
No matter what the topic, we can help managers embrace their “true work,” which is to support and develop understanding among their team members.
- Listening. Dialogue revolves around not only speaking but committed listening.
- Articulating the Company Vision. Leaders who can do this in an authentic, relevant way are seen as trustworthy.
- Message Mapping Method. You will learn our formula for organizing discussion material and managing Q & A successfully.
- Storytelling. Story elements can help you make a personal connection in conversation.
- Handling pushback. Leaders become skilled at dealing with difficult conversations.
- A consistent approach to conversations that move initiatives forward.
- Less resistance to changes as teammates understand and accept the rationale, even though they might not like them.
- A renewed appreciation for everyone doing their best in difficult situations.
- Improved morale and trust among team members.