Influence is power. The best leaders know how to grow their influence and engage their listeners.
Unfortunately, we’re not born with the gift of natural influence. It’s a skill you have to nurture and develop overtime. Use these simple 7 tips to grow yours.
7 Simple Tips to Growing Influence
- Natural Charisma. Be curious and attentive in a way that invites input from others. People will want to be around you.
- Don’t rush people. Allow relationships to develop. Otherwise people will be skeptical of your ideas and your intentions.
- Never posture or play games. Confidence is the attractive energy that comes from not having to act like a big deal or convince anyone of anything.
- Vulnerability. Don’t try to be perfect. Learn to kick back and laugh at your mistakes. Ask others for help.
- Develop people. Empower people by teaching them what your life has taught you. Help them grow their unique abilities.
- Keep promises. Keep big and small promises, and honor the team over immediate personal gain.
- Zero B.S. Mindset. We all have spin-fatigue. Take the risk to say something real. You will stand out immediately.
Thanks for visiting Interact Studio!
For tips on building trust and influence, and showing up as your best
authentic self--virtually or in-person--join our mailing list